Friday, April 10, 2009

"Dokomo"

This is what happens when you have too much time on your hands...

Please sing to the tune of "Kokomo" by the Beach Boys
Tip: Ryan's Kazakh name is Dosimjan and sometimes we call him "Doe". Thus the title "Dokomo"

Chorus: Almaty, Astana, come on Mama, Dada
Uralsk, Petro, baby why don't we go
Shymkent, Pavlador, what are you waitin' for?

Verse 1: Let's fly to Kazakhstan
We'll head to a place called K.O.
That's where we wanna go
To bring Ryan home

Verse 2: Your teeth crunchin' dust and sand
Cheap ice cream melting in your hand
We'll be fallin' asleep
To the rythym of a car horn band
Down in K.O.

Chorus: Almaty, Astana, come on Mama, Dada
Uralsk, Petro, baby why don't we go
Shymkent, Pavlador, what are you waitin' for?

Oooooh, I wanna fly down to K.O.
We'll get there slow
And then we'll pick up "Doe"
That's where we wanna go
Way down to K.O.

6 comments:

Stacey, Dave and Rylan said...

Some people work on their comedy routines, others write songs. Weird Al Yankovic could have some competition on his hands! Very creative.

I'm betting you haven't had time to come up with any other songs since you busted Ryan out of the baby house?

Unknown said...

Excellent work.

My family loves writing songs for various occasions like birthdays and weddings. I'm sure you recall que sera sera.

So excited you are coming home soon!

Amara

Irene said...

not at all what I thought you were doing :-) nice song.

Jo said...

I song the song and it sang well. I had composed one called "Don't cry for me Almaty" instead of "Don't cry for me Argentina". That song seemed very appropriate with some lyric changing of course.

Jo said...

Oops I meant to say I SANG the song. I don't proofread enough!

Jenn (JennJustJenn on Ravelry) said...

Wow, Beach Boys song in my head and tears in my eyes at the same time... never thought that would happen!! Can't wait to meet him and see you again!!!