Tuesday, March 24, 2009

The Photo We've Been Promising


Sorry it's not a photo of Ryan (patience, patience). This is the special chocolate bar we've been trying to show you for over a month now. The humour still isn't lost on us.


We're enjoying our usual routine, running several mornings a week, exploring the city during the early afternoons and then heading over to the BH to play with Ryan. He was really into saying "Dada" today. I'm still not getting too much "Mama" but I do get a few more cuddles when Ryan's upset (sorry Lyle). Yesterday Ryan took another two steps on his own. You should have seen the proud look on his face (and ours too).


The mercury is supposed to hit 21C this week. Great news, if it wasn't for those awful mosquitos. We can't believe how long their bites last.
Nothing too exciting planned over the next couple of days. I'm sure we won't be making another trip to S'mall anytime soon, if at all. Once we have Ryan that would be a challenging trek. Speaking of...the end of our appeal period is on Monday, the 30th. Vera says that's the day we can pick him up, after taking the court decree over to the Baby House. That day cannot come soon enough! I know I said we were finally able to breathe after our court hearing was held, but I think I lied. Monday will be the day to exhale. Soon, soon, soon.

3 comments:

Stacey, Dave and Rylan said...

The picture of Lyle is almost as cute as the ones with Ryan will be I'm sure.....What's the special ingredient in the men's chocolate bar - does it put hair on one's chest or make your voice deeper?

So the real big day is fast approaching - are you ready? Be sure to catch up on your sleep now - I know I spent the first nights just watching Rylan sleep - it was so amazing. (That's changed now - I need my sleep too). And cherish these last chances to stare lovingly into each other's eyes for hours on end. Once Ryan comes, you'll spend all your time watching him!

Stacey, Dave and Rylan

Jo said...

Lyle looks to pleased with either being in the right aisle or having the chocolat bar all to himself.
It's finally to the count down and I hear your excitement. Stock up on all of those chocolate bars you can get your hands on as you'll need all the energy it will take to adjust to life with a little one. At least you won't have to share too soon with Ryan yet.

Rachel & Myles said...

You must bring a wraper of that bar home with you! It'll make for a great souvenir!!You must be getting anxious and excited to bring your little boy home!! Can't wait to see pictures of Ryan!