Tuesday, February 17, 2009

Kazakhstan's only umbrella stroller & now it's MINE

So, Lyle & I gave ourselves a challenge. We needed to hunt down an umbrella stroller for our journey home. I know that's still far away from now, but we figured it might take a couple of months. We did see some on our first day in KO, but $90 seemed outrageous.  Everyday we'd look around the local shops & the market just to browse. We found toy umbrella strollers that were very tempting.  Today was the day & much sooner than we expected. It's super-cute & cost half as much as we'd seen previously.  We're kinda choked that you'd pay about $19.99 in Winnipeg, but what can you do?

Ryan was a very active boy today. We witnessed some crawling and he even climbed over Lyle's legs while we were all playing on the floor.  Lyle thinks Ryan favours me, but I don't see it yet. Of course I do offer him candy when Lyle's not looking.  This little guy sure loves his food. We're always joking that once we're home, we'll ask all our visitors to please stop by Sobey's on their way over.  No one's allowed in unless they have a bag of goodies.  Just kidding.  As long as they have Cheerios, all is good.

Paka paka for now.

4 comments:

Jo said...

We'll be stocking up on the cherios. Buying things for Ryan will be so much fun but Kaz is so expensive (I agree). Anything you buy over there is considered a souvenir. Ryan's little personality is coming out every day.

Leanne Howard said...

Congratulations...I am so excited for you guys. Hope Ryan likes Chocolate! Leanne

Stacey, Dave and Rylan said...

Sorry you had to spend so much on a stroller - I guess different cities have different prices for those things.
Our pediatrician told us "you can't overfeed a baby - he'll let you know when he wants to stop eating" so bring on the snacks! I personally think these kids never really get enough at meals to feel full. It's truely amazing what bottomless pits they can be :)
Glad to hear you're getting to witness some of his new tricks every day!

Unknown said...

Perhaps he would like a rrrroast beef sandwich? I renwed my Costco membership just so I could come visit Ryan when you come home- I am planning on bringing a 5 L jar of pickled asparagus- most babies like that, right? Miss you lots and so happy to read the blog every day! Aviva