Monday, February 23, 2009

Crazy crawler

Ryan crawled up a storm yesterday. Our Canadian friends gave him a toy cell phone that he is wild about. All we had to do was slide it down the floor & he'd go chasing it. I know, it sounds like we're playing fetch with a pup but whatever works...

We're getting him to practice walking & hang on to the couch still. He's getting better at holding himself up.

He's also making lots of sounds. Yesterday was all about the "D" sound. Could be for the duck in his book, could be for Dada, but I say it's for Darcy. I'd prefer he call me Mama, but he can do whatever he likes.  

Funny story: Lyle & I were walking this morning when our co-ordinator called us on the cell phone (not the toy one). She's filling in some documents and required Ryan's new name. I was leary about giving her the details since the reception wasn't great & I could just imagine how the spelling of his name might look. She suggested I text her. Who's she kidding? I can barely text back home. I've only ever texted 2 people & it took a half hour to compose one sentence.  So, I spelled the names for her over the phone. Now that's a story for the scrapbook, naming your child on a busy street corner in Kazakhstan! By the way, he is officially going to be Ryan Eli (then his Kazakh name) Grosney.

2 comments:

Stacey, Dave and Rylan said...

Is it starting to feel real yet?

I can't believe how quickly the time is going - you'll be finished the bonding period in a matter of days - that's so great!

I don't know what the fascination with phones is, but just wait until you get home - Ryan will be getting to the phone before you can and answering all of your calls! I just hope he's not like my secretary - all he says on the phone is "Uh Huh" - who knows what he's agreeing to?

Jo said...

I can't believe your bonding is almost done. It's amazing how you can grow to love someone you just met a few days ago. Get the treadmill and good running shoes ready as he'll be running in no time. I love the name you've picked as well. I'm glad things are working out for you.